Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

American Idol Finals-Final 3

This will be my first ever "Drunk Idol Review". Hehe. Hubby actually decided he wanted to go to Chili's and have margaritas on a Tuesday night (his weekend, not mine). Ok then! I was nice and tipsy by the time I hit play on the Tivo...

Danny was up first and he sang some song by some artist I'd never heard of. It fit his voice...but I noticed he licks his lips a lot and it was grossing me out. I also found his facial hair extremely annoying. Idol is funny when you are drunk. His performance still seems spastic to me. Ok, yeah. The guy can sing, blah blah. I still wouldn't go see him in concert or buy his album.

Kris was second. Kris sang "Apologize" by One Republic, chosen by Kara and Randy. I thought he did a good job and I'm glad he didn't' really change it. That song is still pretty popular and I think it would have weirded people out if he had rearranged it. Kris' funny singing faces were much more noticeable in my drunkenness. His jaw went farther to the right than normal and he kept scrunching his face like something smelled really bad. Was I the only one that noticed his chest in the black shirt? (at this point I start thinking about one Jordan Knight and Twisted)

Adam was third and he sang "One" chosen by Simon who was quite proud of himself. Alcohol kinda made Adam seem not so amazing to me. He was still great but I was just like, "yay. Adam, you did it again." I really liked the beginning....it was weird when he went into his crazy high stuff...but he still has amazing control and hits all the notes...it just didn't seem like an Adam type of song.

Round 2

Danny. Again. What did he sing? Wonderful World or something? I can't remember. I remember I thought he did really well. The acoustic thing was cool. I can see what we all saw in Danny at the beginning, but dude, you sucked for most of the finals and you really sucked on the Aerosmith last week...so just to be fair, Kris and Adam should be in the finals for being mostly awesome the whole season. Besides, you will just end up like Taylor Hicks if you make an album.

Kris sang "Heartless" by Kanye West. Um what!? Dude! Cool! I hate this song, it's on the radio too much and Kanye sucks (his singing). I loooooved Kris' version. Great job Kris! Look, Kris just had a moment. And he did the acoustic guitar thing Kara whined about after Apologize. See Kara? He didn't want to do the same thing twice, duh. Woot woot! Yep, still tipsy.

Adam sang "Cryin" by Aerosmith. Well, at least Danny isn't singing it, thank god. I feel like the background singers ruined it actually. I kept going "what is that noise?" and it wasn't Adam, it was the harmonies. Ick. Shut UP! Well, anyway I think it was just decent. Nothing amazing. Adam set the bar so high for himself that anything less is kind of underwhelming. Or, maybe he was amazing and I was too drunk.

The judges-Kara is really annoying when you've had a few margaritas. That's all I remember. Oh wait, and I'm really pissed that Step 5 happened of the judges plan, with Allison as the victim. Danny shouldn't have been here.

Songs I'm most likely to download- Kris' take on "Heartless"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and welcome your comments. I will be moderating them though. Honestly, I don't swear and I take pride in my education so do your best to use proper language and grammar. Being passionate is one thing. Sounding like an idiot...just makes you sound like an idiot.