Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

American Idol Final Four-RAWK!

I'm going to do things a little different this week...no organized recap of each performance. I'm feeling lazy. I'm tired. I've had a horrid cough all week...hopefully my abs have gotten a good workout.

I am really happy Idol finally did a Rock week. The last few seasons it's been pretty apparent that "rock" performers can hold their own and it's about time they get to show what they can do. From the moment the contestants came out on stage, you knew it was going to be Adam's (and his little sidekick Allison's) night. He came out, in all his rock god glory...eyeliner, awesome hair, skintight black shiny jacket and pants...standing like, a foot taller than everyone else. "I am ADAM, and these are the other three who are going to finish second, third, and fourth." Now, I'm not saying Adam was acting cocky (that's Danny's job)...he literally stood out next to the other three with his confidence in who he is.

The show basically went like this: Adam ABSOLUTELY NAILED a Led Zepplin song and Simon was right when he said nothing would top it the rest of the night. I found it oddly hot, given his penchant for kissing boys...but I did grow up watching 80's glam rock videos...

Allison did great on a Joplin song, yet the judges didn't get it (whatever), so she had to talk back a bit to defend herself (you go girl!). Loved her clothes all night...and the new hair was awesome.

Kris and Danny did an awkward duet. It was basically like well, two Idols battling each other, standing as far away from each other as possible singing the same song. They both struggled on the solo parts so Simon saying Danny was "better"...well, that was the first step of "throw Kris under the bus so Danny makes top three and we don't look like tools for saying he'd be in the finals" project.

Step 2 of "throw Kris under bus..." was making Kris sing right after his duet. I totally enjoyed his take on Come Together. It was very Kris. It wasn't as good as Adam obviously, but there was no reason for the judges to all of a sudden hate on Kris (step 3).

Danny sings and destroys "Dream On" by Aerosmith. Picking up the mic stand and waving your arms at the end of the song does not make you a rock guy. And yes, he went for "the note" and failed FAILED FAIL WHALED it. Then! Then he had the audacity to say that he'd have to watch the tape to see if it was really as bad as a horror movie like Simon said. EVEN WORSE...(sorry, I'm gettin upset here...) Step 4 of "throw Kris under bus..." was Paula, Kara, and Randy not saying how bad it was and instead giving him A++++'s for "effort" and crap like that. Since when was this show about "effort"?

Thank goodness the show ended with the Adam/Allison duet. It was Amazing...talk about two performers totally in their element and feeding off each other. Love them.

Songs I'm most likely to download- everything Allison and Adam

The judges-complete morons, hopefully step 5 (yes, I went with a NKOTB thing) of their "plan", voters going for Danny over Kris or Allison will not happen. Besides Jon never sings Step 5 anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and welcome your comments. I will be moderating them though. Honestly, I don't swear and I take pride in my education so do your best to use proper language and grammar. Being passionate is one thing. Sounding like an idiot...just makes you sound like an idiot.