Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

American Idol Finals Week 4- Top Downloads

I'm probably not the only person that was surprised by all the old songs the contestants sang last night. It was kind of a let down. I thought I was going to hear the idols' take on stuff we are downloading right now, that's playing on the radio now. Oh well. Next time I hope Ryan clarifies what download chart "Play that Funky Music" is doing well on. Let's get to my review, shall we?

1. Anoop, singing "Caught Up" by Usher-aww my hubby wrote a little "I <3 U!!" note in my notebook! (total dork I know. I did take some notes last night...good thing because overall, I was so underwhelmed I knew I'd forget most of the songs) Sorry Anoop! Moving on. His vocals were good and I'm glad he toned down the frat party dancing. His clothes were better too. Unfortunately, Anoop looks too much like the Silicon Valley engineers I see every day for it to be believable. He has no sex appeal/star quality...whatever you want to call it.

2. Megan, singing "Turn Your Lights Down Low"-ok here is what went through my head within the first line of the song... She has this laid back style but she looks so tense and awkward and her mouth is tense and ouch! 8th or 9th word in she totally missed the note! The song choice was better but boring like the judges said and her vocals are just not strong enough anymore. Please leave now, its painful.

3.Danny, singing "What Hurts the Most" by Rascal Flatts- he looked thinner last night, clothes were fine, he didn't dance (thank goodness). I wasn't as blown away as the judges. Maybe it sounded different in the studio but the whenever the background singers came in, they were all I could hear and it made Danny sound off key. Danny's losing me. There are a few other contestants that are so much more interesting AND can sing.

4. Allison, "Don't Speak" by No Doubt- Allison made me feel old when she said "I grew up listening to this song". I was a senior in high school when this was a hit on the radio. Allison was like 4. Ugh. I still love you Allison. Anyway, her outfit was just too much. Hubby liked her shoes though, lol. For me, it was one of her weakest performances. It just did not sound right for her voice. I happen to be a big No Doubt fan, so that could be why I was disappointed. She did end stronger than she started and I was impressed by the guitar.

5. Scott, "Just the Way you Are" by Billy Joel- I'm not sure if I loved or hated Scott's new hair. It depended on the angle. The clothes were WAY better. Scott actually almost looked cool. This was by far his best performance. SCOTT's best performance. I'm not sure if that means good enough to stay out of the bottom three but I think this week anything is possible. He should definitely stick to the stripped down singer/songwriter style.

6. Matt, "You Found Me" by The Fray- I will admit, I don't follow The Fray so this song was completely new to me. I personally thought Matt's logic was right on. He did what the judges wanted last week and ended up in the bottom 3 (total crap btw) so why not sing something he loved and see what happens? I enjoyed it. You could tell he felt the song. Did it suit his vocals as well as last week? No. I thought the judges were just mean and nasty to him. Did they totally ignore his taped piece? You can't force a guy to be something he doesn't want to be.

7. Lil, singing "I Surrender" by Celine Dion- First of all, Lil needs to just stick to her natural hair. That dress was horrid. She looked 50 (and I don't mean hot Madonna 50). She sang the song in key, yes, and with power but my gosh was it BORING! Lil has gotten so boring. I've never loved her but seriously, what happened to all her attitude?

8. Adam, singing "Play that Funky Music"- I was like, "Huh?!" When it comes to Adam though, you just kind of sit back and wait and see what happens. As usual he took a totally weird song choice and rocked it out. The guy is just a natural. Everything seems so easy for him. From the hair (go back to the emo look for a bit) to the flared pants, the the little disco moves...he makes everything work for him. Then there is always his voice. Whether you love or hate his style, he has crazy skills. He finally woke me up...and there was only one person left.

9. Kris, singing "Ain't no Sunshine"-Yay! He got the Pimp Spot. Finally. Kris, again took a song I usually would avoid and made me love it. Last night he was on a keyboard and looked totally hot rocking his little self on that bench. I think my hubby was annoyed with my Kris love last night. He's growing on me. The guy gave me chills in the first line of the song...I mean, come on. Let's all get over the Danny thing and hop on the Kris train. I think I have a crush on his wife too. They are just too darn cute. Kris had the performance of the night I think.

The judges- at least they didn't draw on each other this week, jeez.

Most likely to download- Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and welcome your comments. I will be moderating them though. Honestly, I don't swear and I take pride in my education so do your best to use proper language and grammar. Being passionate is one thing. Sounding like an idiot...just makes you sound like an idiot.