Search This Blog

Monday, April 13, 2009

Do Somethin'-Britney comes to Sacramento (oh, oops! San Jose)

i see you looking at me
like i`m some kinda of freak
get up outta your seat
why don`t you do somethin`?

The lyrics to Britney's "Do Somethin'" were strangley ironic by the time she got to them Sunday night. By this point most of the audience was sitting and there wasn't much reason for us to get back out of our seats.

I was soooo excited for this girls night with my mom and sister. Our theme song is "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper, and boy could Britney take some lessons from Cyndi (and Madonna, and New Kids on the Block...) We are rarely bored together...but Brit managed to make it happen.

Here's the thing...there was A LOT going on; circus performers, hot dancers, tons of lighting, the circus style stage, and a huge circular monitor...oh and Britney was there. The problem was, unless you were fairly close, I doubt you could even tell it WAS Britney on the stage. We were on the upper bowl so we were praying that circular monitor was for us...so that we could connect and see her face. No such luck. The monitor was just filled with more visual effects.

I was prepared for lip syncing, little audience participation, and a big spectacle. What I wasn't prepared for was Britney saying "How you doing Sacramento?" after 40 minutes, and never seeing her face. You could hear the audience do a collective "WTF?" when she said that.

Anyway, she did mention San Jose a few times later on. Yippee. My favorite part of the night was her original hit "Hit Me Baby (One More Time)". It was the only time I felt a collective excitement in the crowd as we remembered the original Brit song. She should have ended there...but she left again, changed again, and ended with Womanizer.

Britney didn't sing
She mostly walked around on stilettos or was pushed around stage
She barely talked (and screwed up when she did)
She didn't show us her face
Britney, why don't YOU do somethin'?

Luckily, I have another New Kids on the Block concert on Thursday. Thank goodness. They know how to entertain and make you feel appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and welcome your comments. I will be moderating them though. Honestly, I don't swear and I take pride in my education so do your best to use proper language and grammar. Being passionate is one thing. Sounding like an idiot...just makes you sound like an idiot.