Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Not 20 years in the making...

Ok, so something pretty major happened today...something I never thought I'd do....something that I've been planning since October when I met a bunch of really awesome women online. Yeah, me...I made friends online. I will never tease anyone for doing that. Most people say, "20 years in the making" but if I said it, it would be a lie. ( I have a feeling a lot of people out there do exaggerate their dedication for attention) Anyway, this isn't 20 years in the making, its really only 6 months (to clarify, I was a fan as a kid, I grew up, moved on and am overjoyed they are back. I wasn't waiting this whole time) but 11 year old Myka is dumbstruck, terrified and over joyed.

I bought VIP tickets that include a Meet and Greet with New Kids on the Block. A few of my loyal followers may laugh but most of you gals won't because you are coming with me, lol. So, when I was 11, like most girls my age, I was in love with a member of a boy band. My future husband? Joey McIntyre. I, like many, lay on my floor and really believed "Please Don't Go Girl" was meant for me. I was going to marry him when I was 20 because he'd be 26 and that seemed ok at the time. (Ironically, I met my real Joe that year) I did get to see them in concert with my sister in 1990. We were way back on the lawn but I didn't care...they were so close, breathing the same air. Unfortunately, I was in such shock I only remember a few things: Jordan's torso and white shirt during Baby I Believe in You, Joey wore a gold sequin jacket, and my dad complaining about the screeching girls, then making us leave before the encore.


I saw the guys reunion show in October...this time I was a little closer but not so much, top of an arena. I remember the entire show, which is nice.

April 16th I am taking my mom (who has a cougar crush now that they are Grown Men) to see them in Fresno. We will only be 20 rows away. A little closer still...

May 30th, my friends and I will be in Florida enjoying the show from somewhere inside the Ford Amphitheatre. May 31st however...

I will get to hug Joey McIntyre and the rest of NKOTB. I don't care if it last 2 minutes (so many people complain). For that moment, I will have my arms wrapped around him, his around me and my 11 year old self can feel really really good. It will be worth every penny.

To NKOTB and my GG's...thanks for teaching me to LIVE. Everyone who knows me, knows I don't do these kinds of things...and I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. Myka! I love it. I am so happy to have "met" you, and even though I don't *think* I'll be in WPB with you, I can't wait to hear all about it. Treasure every second - they are well worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making me desperate to make it to Florida, yet again, LOL. I want to meet you gals!! I'm SO happy you'll finally get to hug Joey!! YAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and welcome your comments. I will be moderating them though. Honestly, I don't swear and I take pride in my education so do your best to use proper language and grammar. Being passionate is one thing. Sounding like an idiot...just makes you sound like an idiot.