Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

American Idol Finals-Disco Week

Top 7 take two:

Well, it finally happened. Every year my husband says "I'm not watching anymore." when his favorite gets voted off. This year he really meant it. Alexis was his favorite so it's been 4 weeks now since he's even cared about the show (minus a couple Adam Lambert performances). With that, plus the fact that my house was 85 degrees inside, we weren't really in the mood to watch TV. We ended up laying on the bed in nothing but our undies trying not to die.

I did get up and power Tivo it through the show this morning before work so I could write this review for you ( I only vote once per favorite so I doubt it will affect the results that I didn't).

Lil singing, "I'm Every Woman"- First off, props on the cat suit...that took some guts. Hated the hair. I think Lil's performance was good and she actually showed some personality but the vocals were mediocre and all over the place. I've always noticed that about Lil, so it's not like I was surprised. At least she had fun.

Kris singing, "She Works Hard for the Money"- Sometimes a white t-shirt and jeans can be so hot, you know? But really, it doesn't matter because Kris took a total 80's dance track and made it into this cool acoustic thing. The beginning guitar totally reminded me of a Doobie Brothers track (the name escapes me). Overall it was amazing...the performance of the night.

Danny singing, "September"- I'm not big on disco but this is one track I do like. I wasn't too thrilled about Danny singing it, but he did a good job. Am I the only one that is embarrassed watching him though? If I close my eyes and just listen, he's a pretty good singer. Then I open my eyes and all I think is "dork with no rhythm singing karaoke". Kara saying he always has perfect pitch was a joke. Paula saying he's going to the finals was a slap in Kris' face.

Allison singing, "Hot Stuff"- I wasn't really sure how she was going to do this and not sound karaoke but the slow rock arrangement did just that. I thought it was hot and totally Allison. Loved her outfit. She is still one of my faves but I think Kris has taken the number 2 spot from her. I did NOT think it was indulgent. (Whatever Randy...you just stole Simon's line because the only thing you could think of all night was "you can definitely sing")

Matt singing, "Stayin Alive"- This could have been really cheesy and it wasn't. Matt had the JT/Matt look tonight. It reminded me of his Stevie Wonder night but not quite as good. Definitely not bad though. I think he's on the fence in regards to getting voted off.

Adam singing, "If I Can't Have You"- As soon as I saw Adam in the suit and pompadour I knew he was going to do a slow song (watch out Adam, getting slightly predictable). That said, I didn't even recognize the song and once again his vocals were gorgeous. Between him, Kris, and Allison, disco night wasn't feeling so disco-ey...thank goodness.

Anoop singing, "Dim All the Lights"- I didn't recognize this song at all and I missed Ryan saying what it was (did he?) so I had to look it up on Idolatry. With the shadow, light suit, and pink shirt, he reminded me of the guys in Miami Vice. Anyway...he was boring and cheesy. I could have sworn for one minute the light hit his face and his upper lip was all wet and I got grossed out.

The judges- didn't talk too much but Randy kept reminding America that these contestants can sing....uh they are Top 7 on American Idol, we know that. Simon was right on pretty much, Paula didn't get too mushy, and Kara evidently hates Lil now.

Most likely to download- Kris, Adam, and Allison

I think Anoop and Lil should just go away now, bye bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and welcome your comments. I will be moderating them though. Honestly, I don't swear and I take pride in my education so do your best to use proper language and grammar. Being passionate is one thing. Sounding like an idiot...just makes you sound like an idiot.