Search This Blog

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Observations

Life is funny. Sometimes days go by and I can't think of anything to talk about and then there are days like today. In a three hour errand trip, I noticed some interesting things.

1.I was in line at Long's after picking up a few things, proudly unfolding my Chicobag and scanning the magazines when behind me I hear a dad say to his child "Who's that?" I realize he's pointing to a picture of President Obama (yay!)and the first lady dancing. The little girl says "Obama!". Then Dad points to Michelle and again asks the question. His little girl says, "Michelle Obama!". I just thought to myself how great that was...this little girl was probably under 4 years old. To me, it just seemed like one small example of how I hope Obama's presidency will change young people's attitudes about politicians.

2.Every Saturday I take a couple large bags of cans and bottles to a recycle center and get some cash. (Cash that is going to my NKOTB fund...I don't think my husband's fellow tow truck drivers realize they are contributing to a woman's boy band fascination)Today I get there and Alfred says they can't take plastic...the truck didn't show up again. Here's the kicker THE DRIVERS CAN'T KEEP UP BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH DRIVERS! What? In this economy? Come on now....there have got to be thousands of people willing to do anything at this point. Then I realized...this is technically a "green" business...and they need more workers. Another hopeful sign.

3. The last thing that I noticed on my errands was just annoying. I stopped at Chipotle for lunch. I get in line right behind this guy, place my order, and get to the register. First, the cashier thinks our order is together. Then I realize the workers thought my order was To Go. I don't remember anyone even asking me either way. So I have to tell the cashier mine is for here before she wastes a paper bag. I think I know why this happened. I think the workers assumed I was A. either with the guy ahead of me...eew, and his order was To Go. or B. They cannot imagine a young woman sitting in and eating alone. Option B is so annoying. So I wonder...does this happen to guys? Do people just assume a guy wouldn't eat alone or that he's with the woman in front of him? Something tells me no. Regardless, my burrito bowl was delish and I scarffed the whole thing. One last thing. I made four stops on my travels this morning, including one drugstore and two grocery stores and not one plastic bag came home with me. I knew all these reusable bags would come in handy.

And just because my last couple of blogs have been visually bland, I'm including the video for Cry for You by September. This song is amazing and I can't sit still when its on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and welcome your comments. I will be moderating them though. Honestly, I don't swear and I take pride in my education so do your best to use proper language and grammar. Being passionate is one thing. Sounding like an idiot...just makes you sound like an idiot.