Search This Blog

Monday, January 19, 2009

New White Rapper, Miracles, and Everyday Life

I literally just found this...I'm not going to bash on the guy because I think going out of your way to be mean to something is a waste of energy most of the time. Just so you know, supposedly the bearded guy is Joaquin Pheonix and he's retiring from acting to rap.



The Hudson River crash-Is it really a miracle? That's what I've been hearing it being called. I don't really think trained professionals following procedure, a talented pilot, and passengers helping each other out is a miracle. Have we lost faith in our fellow man that much?

Everyday Life- My job is so boring lately. I'm not complaining that I have a job. Being bored and being paid is much better than being bored at home not being paid. I'm still allowed to want more out of life right? I mean, I have a degree and I'm 30 years old now. Shouldn't things be going a little better? I know I am capable of so much more. Then again, wasting energy on something its really hard to care about is difficult. I didn't grow up saying, "I wanna be a receptionist!"

My grandma will be 90 in April. She's an amazing lady. She still takes care of herself, drives herself, and cooks lunch for her family every Sunday. Lately, though, she seems to be getting more tired. She can't walk daily like she used to. In fact, she's not walking at all anymore. It scares me. It makes me feel guilty I haven't had a grandbaby for her. Plus one of my friends just lost her 90 y.o. self sufficient grandma because of a freak accident. Life goes by so fast. If you are lucky enough to still have a grandparent...call them...visit them...tell them you love them. My Sundays are priceless.

I made salsa last night...and it actually came out good! I was so proud of myself. Thanks Betty Crocker!

Last but not least, I bit the bullet and bought my tickets to Disneyland. Hubby and I are going right after Valentines Day to celebrate 10 years together. We've never been there together. We want to go act like kids before there are actual kids in the picture.

One more day, no more Bush!

Myka

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and welcome your comments. I will be moderating them though. Honestly, I don't swear and I take pride in my education so do your best to use proper language and grammar. Being passionate is one thing. Sounding like an idiot...just makes you sound like an idiot.