Search This Blog

Thursday, March 26, 2009

American Idol Finals Week 3-Motown

What a relief! Soooo much better than country week and also it is soooo obvious who the weakest performers are.

Before I get into my recap/review though, a little about what is going on with me. Not much! Pretty boring stuff. I've just been working, chatting, Twittering, working out, and gardening. Hubby and I have some sprouts peeking through the soil...it will be interesting to see if we can keep them alive and eat some home grown produce this summer. Watched the Twilight movie last night...it could have been better, but overall, it was enjoyable. Hubby spent the whole movie going "He's going to bite her now right?" I need to go buy books 3 and 4. ONE freakin summer tour date leaked for NKOTB's tour today. ONE. In OHIO. Come on! Stop torturing me! I have a trip with like 10 girls to plan.

Ok, now... AMERICAN IDOL!

1. Matt, singing "Let's Get it On"- right off the bat, I was impressed. He is very talented. He's the guy that I had no clue about and now I thoroughly enjoy. I like that he got away from the piano a bit. I agree with Simon that the other guys need to keep their eye on him. His biggest weakness though...Justin Timberlake. He reminds me of him a lot, and that's not always a good thing. Is he unique enough to make it in the industry? I'm not sure.

2. Kris, singing "How Sweet it Is"- So normally this song makes me nauseated in it's "sweetness". Kris, however, brought it up to date for me with his Mraz-ey version of it. As usual, he looked hot. I absolutely adored his wife's reaction. What Kris has going for him is that his style is unique to everyone else in the competition and he always makes songs work for him. He could have the same problem as Matt in the industry though...is he unique enough?

3. Scott, singing "You Can't Hurry Love"- I think Scott is getting close to the end of his Idol run. He may make it another week, thanks to Megan and Michael, but this week it was really apparent he is nowhere nearly as strong a contestant as the top 5 or 6. Scott started the song off slow and I just thought "Oh god, Scott...not again!" Then he picked up the tempo. It was a nice effort but again, Simon was right. The piano playing was weird. Scott's comment about his pink pants "they told me 10 min before the show" was priceless.

4.Megan, singing "For Once in My Life"- Song starts...10 seconds later, I curl in a ball and just turn away. What is she doing? She picks songs and turns them into cheesy cruise ship material. Apparently, she doesn't know how to make a song her own. Everything cool about her just gets destroyed. Why are the stylists making her so glam? She's the cool, hippie chick. Oh, and Megan, don't walk. Just stand still and do your little shimmy. It was sooooo awkward.

5.Michael, singing "Ain't to Proud to Beg"- I don't think he understood what Smokey meant when he said to be grittier with the song. I thought he would be able to do it but the big guy couldn't. He was one of the few that obviously doesn't meet the caliber of the other contestants. He'll probably be forgotten along with many other former Idols, sad to say.

6.Lil, singing "Heat Wave"- Lil looked great. Well, I loved her dress, not the hair. Anyway, the beginning was awkward but at the end she really turned it up. I thought the judges were right on in their assessments. It was her week to shine and she just sparkled for a bit.

7.Anoop, singing "Oooo Baby Baby"- I think Anoop did really well. I was impressed. I didn't realize he had such a nice falsetto. Now if he can only do an upbeat number without seeming like the drunk guy at the party, he should stick around a while.

8. Adam, singing "The Tracks of My Tears"- When I first saw Adam looking like Elvis, I freaked out a little. "Noooo Adam, don't sell out!" He tricked me! Yeah, so he looked different ( and very handsome, fyi) but he still pulled off a killer performance. It was so mellow and I always wondered if he was capable of mellow. I have never heard that song...I would download Adam's version in a second. By far, the best performance of the night.

9. Danny, singing "Get Ready"-Ok, let me just say that I have been a big Danny fan from the beginning. I forgave his "drunk guy at the wedding" the first week. The thing is, its two weeks later and well, he's still really awkward to watch on stage. His clothes were better. I guess I just feel like all his songs are starting to sound the same to me. Still love his voice...I'm just getting bored.

10. Allison, singing "Papa was a Rolling Stone"- first I just have to say "No Simon, she did not SUCK last week. It just wasn't a strong week." Ok, Allison closed out the show with a bang. Another raw, rocker, holy cow how can a 16 year old sing like that? performance.

The judges-Paula is too old to wear a tutu dress. Kara made a lot of sense this week, and she looked gorgeous. The guys were the same as usual.

Most likely to download:Matt, Adam, Allison, and maybe Anoop





3 comments:

  1. I love you Idol reviews!! I missed most of it last night or well the night before... is it past midnight yet??? I hope Adam and Allison make it til the end, they are def. my top two fav! and seriously, I thought Megan would have been gone by now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam and Allison are my faves! Adam won me over 100% this week. At first he seemed a little too showy you know? Michael was cut last night. Matt was in the bottom three and that was ridiculous. Poor guy. Megan really got lucky. She has potential so she better bring it next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your idol reviews. You've been spot-on for weeks. Adam's performance is completely download worthy. LOVED IT!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and welcome your comments. I will be moderating them though. Honestly, I don't swear and I take pride in my education so do your best to use proper language and grammar. Being passionate is one thing. Sounding like an idiot...just makes you sound like an idiot.