Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Score!

I've been meaning to blog for a while now. I have lots of topics lined up; books I've read, my reaction to The Fighter, dealing with the single life, etc.. I just haven't quite been able to plop myself in front of my home laptop in the evenings because I'm in front of a computer all day and it just get so...it's just too much.

I've also been on an emotional roller coaster with all the feeling lonely stuff and resisting the urge to bare my soul. I can't do that here...not like I have in the past at least. I think we all share a bit too much in this day and age. Moving on...

So Valentine's Day. Yeah, that. Today's topic winner. I am sooo glad the commercials and store displays are done. Gone. Bye Bye. As much as I enjoy my freedom and independence there is no better holiday to make someone feel more alone. It's so stupid. It stresses couples out because the guys have to be romantic and the chicks have to put on a show later and really why must we assign at day to that? Eew. Even when I was in an "Us" it was awkward.

Anyway, mine actually (when I got over the moodiness, grumpiness, I hate this it's making me feel worse-ness) was totally awesome. Really. Let me list the reasons why. Yes, yes, another list.

1. It gave me an excuse to have an Anti Valentine's Day party. Throw my first little shindig at my apartment. I got to let out all the hurt and anger at White Trash with a Sharpie, a baseball bat, and a big pink heart pinata. I got to hang out with my girls and listen to songs about how chicks rule and love is dumb and dance and drink and eat garlicky foods.
2. I didn't have to worry about lingerie or anything attached to that. (this alone makes it worth it)
3. I ended up with three bottles of wine, some VS panties, lip gloss, gift cards to the movies, a mini bundt cake, a free lunch, and an ipod shuffle (courtesy of my employer who I am eternally grateful for even if the celebration was way over the top). I don't' think I've ever come out of a Vday with that much loot. Yay me.

I mean really, Valentine's Day is awesome if you can take advantage of it's ridiculousness.

I am so ready for St. Patrick's Day. My 5K is that weekend...and I'm pretty sure we are just going to keep on running to the nearest bar to celebrate. I've never really celebrated it...which is weird since it's all about green (I look great in) little Irish people (that would be me), corned beef (salty meat! I mean come on) and potatoes, and drinking.

Here's to hoping I walk into an office full of green balloons and Irish Whiskey on March 17th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and welcome your comments. I will be moderating them though. Honestly, I don't swear and I take pride in my education so do your best to use proper language and grammar. Being passionate is one thing. Sounding like an idiot...just makes you sound like an idiot.