Search This Blog

Monday, February 21, 2011

C25K Week Six, Day Two

Ouch. Need I say more? Today was not easy. You'd think after doing a 20 minute run last weekend (YEP 20 MINUTES!!! EEEK!) that two ten minute runs would be easy. Ow, no. The weather sucked this week (NorCal sucked=cold and raining) (cold=anything below 65 degrees, I know I know) so I only got one treadmill run in.

Whether it was the colder air, or my tired muscles, I'm not sure. Today was just not fun. I did the two ten minute runs and that's what matters. Five minutes goes by really fast now and that in itself is amazing to me. Run two was much easier because I was warmer and looser. My right ankle is going to be a problem simply because of my gait. If I decide to keep running as part of my fitness program, I'll have to splurge on expensive shoes. I don't want to create any long term damage.

I have realized I enjoy the walk/run/walk/run pattern more than just running. I got really bored during my twenty minute run last week. It feels more satisfying to stop for a couple minutes, walk, and start up again. I enjoy the mini goals more than one big one I guess. I'm not sure if I'll run the whole 5K next month or just go with what feels right. I'm not doing it for time...and I'm not even really doing it to prove I can anymore. I can already answer that question. I'm just doing it to meet a goal I put in place for myself.

I had to stay in and go back to some of my old cardio kick boxing DVDs this week and I will say this, my endurance has improved significantly. I barely broke a sweat from the DVD and my recovery time was extremely short. It feels pretty amazing.

The next session is one 25 minute run. I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and welcome your comments. I will be moderating them though. Honestly, I don't swear and I take pride in my education so do your best to use proper language and grammar. Being passionate is one thing. Sounding like an idiot...just makes you sound like an idiot.