Search This Blog

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Remember when lunch was just lunch?

I'm reading a book about how to be more happy.

This post is not about that.

I'm human and I have many emotions and right now they are annoyance and frustration.

Scene:
Email-E to M, "Let's get together when I'm in town." M to E, "How about lunch, I'm going out that night already. Sounds good!"

Email-E to M and L "Hey girls, lunch at 11:30am Saturday?" M to L and E- "Sounds good! Let me know where or I can make suggestions."

Text from E the night before to M and L "So are we on for lunch? How about salad buffet? WE are bringing little E."

*My brain explodes...no girls lunch...the hubby and kid are coming...sad.* Realize that means He L is coming too. Humph, fifth wheel. Fine whatever, I'll deal.

Text from E-"L wants Little Town Cafe, see you then!"

Saturday morning:

Text from E-"JJ (E's guy) invited G and A, M (since you are single, not said but implied) Can you get there early and get a table for seven?"

M to E-"This place only has tables for 4 and a long wait on weekends as it is. Pick new place."

E to M-"IPOP ok? Can you let L know, I have to workout now."
M to E-"IPOP is fine. L won't be up till after 10 though, maybe you should call her."

M passes info to L not expecting a response.

L to M-"IPOP is too unhealthy. E changed the plans so she and JJ can figure it out, I'm going back to bed."

M passes info to E. "You ladies let me know."

End scene.

Remember when going to lunch was just you and your girls going to lunch? Somehow it turned into breakfast at noon for seven with no set location...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and welcome your comments. I will be moderating them though. Honestly, I don't swear and I take pride in my education so do your best to use proper language and grammar. Being passionate is one thing. Sounding like an idiot...just makes you sound like an idiot.