Search This Blog

Saturday, April 2, 2011

I'm happy...

It's Saturday. I've been at the front desk (my old post) of my office for almost 10 hours. It's kind of cloudy outside. Everyone else in the office is tucked away doing a "code sprint" and I don't even really know what that is or what the result will be. I've been cleaning up after them, setting up their meals, running little errands. Sounds miserable right?

Nope.

I'm getting paid OT to sit around and make sure the office is secure and hard working people are well fed and comfortable. I'm eating for free. I'm wearing the most comfortable clothes I own. I have a job. I work for a company and with a group of people that has taken care of me, helped me grow, and puts its arm around my shoulder during the toughest two years of my life.

I am really happy right now. This moment. Nothing that has happened matters in this moment.

A little bored, yes. I little jacked up from my Go Girl, yes. Doesn't matter.

I've been reading this little book called "The Happiness Makeover" by M. J. Ryan and it is a gem. It doesn't say it will change your life or make you rich or anything like that. It just gives you common sense tips on how to be happier. It's working...and really I feel silly that I didn't already know these things. Many things in life are learned and this is something I had to learn. It's going to take practice to make being happy a part of who I am but I know I can do it.

Things are going great for the company I work with so that makes me happy. I've never experienced this and it is fun to watch and be a part of.

I am finally going to be doing a job I really have been wanting to do. What I know, what I'm good at. Two more weeks and I can show myself and everyone else what I'm made of. It's exciting. It's what I know how to do, but in a completely different environment. One that will challenge me. It's a little scary but you know what? I am just going to push the worries aside because they will just bog me down and suck away this amazing feeling I have. I know I can do this. I know it. Being able to say that? Amazing.

So, I am going to sit here for as long as they need me because that is what I like to do. Help people. Be there. Be dependable. Smile (maybe between yawns at this point).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and welcome your comments. I will be moderating them though. Honestly, I don't swear and I take pride in my education so do your best to use proper language and grammar. Being passionate is one thing. Sounding like an idiot...just makes you sound like an idiot.