Search This Blog

Friday, January 7, 2011

Internet, Kissing, Accounting, Running

So I was going to be all "with it" and actually take my laptop out to my living room and put it on my LAP but then I accidentally jiggled the cords connected to my modem and the lights went out and my Internet was GONE.

So I spent the last 3 minutes not touching anything willing all the green lights to come back to me. They did. I will survive this Friday night...because you are all my date for tonight.

My stuff is old. My laptop is a Dell from 2003. I've done everything I can to juice it up and it works OK... it's just not going to be able to keep up with technology much longer. Darn thing even has a USB powered external fan on the bottom because it tends to overheat. Hence, I avoid the lap part of laptop. I figured since it's almost freezing outside (and inside) it could handle a trip to my living room. Nope. Almost lost my Internet. My stomach is still recovering from the jolt of stress hormones.

This week was strange. In some ways it was so great. In others, it was really tough. Work was a beast this week and I am drained in a way I haven't been in a while. I need to take an accounting class. I need to come up with a plan on how to do that. Work would have been much easier if I didn't feel like I was listening to a foreign language all week. My brain literally ached like an out of shape muscle.

I did however find out that I earned a higher bonus that expected helping out another team in my department. Yay!

My evening loneliness attacks have resurfaced and for half the week I felt like a crazy person that had to have someone to talk to or I would fall apart. I have resisted the urge to post on FB "Someone come over and hang out with me." almost every day this week. Just because someone is your Facebook friend doesn't necessarily mean you want them to know where your apartment is. My brain was all scrambled there and my sis straightened me out. Loneliness can do that. Thank goodness for her. Some things still linger but, I'm cool. (sort of, not really)

I have done two of my three Week One Couch to 5K training sessions. Session two I had to do over my lunch hour at work. It was weird running midday in a new place where my path took me around the office building I work in. "Please don't let me face plant by the building!" I didn't. The run was tougher. My legs wanted to cramp. I think it's because it was not my usual time of day. Maybe I wasn't hydrated right...maybe I hadn't eaten enough before hand. I don't know. I did it and that's what matters.

Session 3 is going to have to wait until tomorrow. I'm fine with that...I like my run around here and I can do it in the morning like I am used to.


Dating

Yeah haven't done that yet but I'm considering it now (see loneliness). I'm taking a guy friend to my company holiday party next week so that should be fun.

We were chatting earlier in the week and he's basically scared me away from well, kissing.

Did you know if you kiss a guy on the dance floor and go home with him you are a slut but if you don't you are a tease? I mean really...what kind of rule is that? That's lose lose. Whatever happened to kissing someone because there is chemistry and then the guy gets your number and asks you out on a date? Oh but then a bunch of guys expect sex after even the first date now. Ummmm...I mean...I have no words. I have sooo much to learn. I've never really been in the game and when I was...the guys were still boys. So much scarier now eew.

I'm not sure how accurate any of this is...it's one guy's opinion. We are good friends and I did feel like he was warning me....which I appreciate. Disappointing though if it really is true. Anticipation and mystery can be so intoxicating.

Oh and...

Read a bit...Stephen King's new one, Full Dark, No Stars. So far, definitely dark. I'll let you know when I finish what I thought.

Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and welcome your comments. I will be moderating them though. Honestly, I don't swear and I take pride in my education so do your best to use proper language and grammar. Being passionate is one thing. Sounding like an idiot...just makes you sound like an idiot.