Search This Blog

Thursday, March 18, 2010

20 Days

20 Days...that's how long I've been separated, "single", alone.

I'm actually doing okay.

I'm not going to lie. We do text each other daily. "Good morning" and "Good night" at a minimum. There are 143's and 823's (old pager code for I Love You and Thinking of You) and "miss you" 's in there too. Maybe we are breaking the rules of separation but whatever. It's our separation, not everyone elses.

So far I've realized I'm actually a pretty clean person. I guess he had most of the "stuff". I've realized I was in some kind of fog or daze. I have to do everything for myself now. I'm not waiting do make a decision so I can run it by him. I just do it. I no longer sit around wondering when I need to start dinner because nobody is coming home to cook for. I just make dinner. Speaking of dinner, I am actually cooking. I really thought I would eat out of a freezer all the time. I hooked up my own Internet, set up all my own utilities, pay the bills. I USED to do these things, then I let him. Well, time to be an adult again.

I get bored and it gets really quiet...except when Tully barks. It's lonely. It's weird not having someone to tell your daily accomplishments to. I'm definitely not someone who WANTS to be alone. Nope.

I'm a homebody. Even though technically I could be super social, I'm still just content to watch a DVD with a friend over going out and getting drunk.

Of course, the invites aren't pouring in. Strange...now that I did what everyone said I needed to do, people aren't checking up on me. My life is no longer a soap opera so I guess they've lost interest. Really nice huh? I'm glad you found me interesting for a while.

Nights suck. Going to bed alone sucks. I have to purposely try to NOT remember what it feels like to bury my face in his neck and fall asleep on his shoulder or I'm DONE. I'm sleeping better though. Sometimes I'll let Tully on the bed just to feel less alone. Waking up alone kinda sucks to because it reminds you you went to bed alone.

I have money. I'm not rolling in dough but my bank account is mysteriously staying comfortable above zero. Taking all that time to save up helped big time. So apparently I'm not so bad with my money. I'm sticking to my budget and may be able to pay off some debt now. He is not doing so well, in fact, he's looking for a second job.

In a way it sucks but his choices got him there. Maybe he'll appreciate me more if we give this another shot. I know the first night I was in my apartment he called what was happening "a nightmare". Good. Our life really wasn't so bad. A rut? Definitely...but not worth the pain and suffering and immaturity and tantrums.

I'm not going to lie. I want him back. I want US back. There are going to have to be some changes though and there is one I KNOW he won't like but he won't be surprised. First I need to go through this though...this ME time. Okay, not totally me time, me and Tully time (he really wants me off the computer).

Oh, and Tully and I walk twice a day and he's losing weight and I'm not. Little brat, lol.

There are days like today where I should be working out right now but I just can't find the drive to do it. So that's just me. I can't blame clutter or stress or time or he's going to be home soon, blah, blah. I'm updating you all instead. So, "Hey. I'm doing OK but not great. I'm doing it so I hope that's good enough."

Have a good night. Hug the people that live with you. It's really quiet without them.
Myka

5 comments:

  1. ((hugs)) I wish I could say that more often. And in my opinion, the fact that you are doing it is enough. Don't feel like you owe anyone anything. Take care of you. Do what's right for you. I know you're learning what that means. You're a strong cookie, Myka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the healthiest you have sounded in a long time. I know it's hard and it hurts, but this alone time will help you. You are strong now but you will be even stronger. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know we haven't talked alot lately, but I do think of you and Joe constantly. I miss you both.. alot. I'm really glad to hear that you are doing well or as well as can be. Things have been crazy here, a friend from out of town flew in, and so much other stuff, I just haven't really stopped long enough to talk to anyone.. actually its really funny because I talk to you the most even though it feels like we never talk!

    I'm always here for you if you need to talk or if you need anything at all.

    I love ya and miss you a ton!
    Stay Strong Sweetie
    Things will be ok.

    <3Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. GAH I just wanna give you a big ol' (((hug)))!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are all the best! I love you all.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and welcome your comments. I will be moderating them though. Honestly, I don't swear and I take pride in my education so do your best to use proper language and grammar. Being passionate is one thing. Sounding like an idiot...just makes you sound like an idiot.